I'm a professor in the Mathematics Dept. at M.I.T. I mostly work on quantum computation, quantum information, and quantum complexity, but I am also interested in other areas of theoretical computer science and mathematics.
Member for 8 years, 4 months
58 profile views
Last seen Jul 16 at 15:21
- English Language & Usage 66.2k 66.2k 77 gold badges131131 silver badges235235 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 21.2k 21.2k 33 gold badges8080 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Physics 9.1k 9.1k 2323 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 5.3k 5.3k 22 gold badges4040 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Computer Science 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 172 Where were "should", "shall", and "must" in the 18th Century?
- 138 Was the reduction in Shor's algorithm originally discovered by Shor?
- 136 Why are 'student' and 'suspend' not pronounced as written?
- 127 What to do when you notice that a value in your paper is wrong, once it is accepted but before it is published?
- 111 Why is there no "autumntime" or "falltime"?
- 102 "Whatever a Russian does, they end up making the Kalashnikov gun"? Are there any similar proverbs in English?
- 97 Can “whose” refer to an inanimate object?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (4)
9 Single vs Double Quotations Nov 18 '11