I have been teaching English at lower and upper secondary level in state schools in Switzerland for about thirty years and taught French to foreigners in a private school (Eurocentres, Lausanne) for five years.
My mother tongue is French, and it is the only language I was brought up in.
I learnt German, Italian, and English at school.
And I don't mind polemic/polemical issues!
Montreux-Vevey area, Switzerland
Member for 6 years, 7 months
63 profile views
Last seen Jun 9 '19 at 22:03
Top network posts
- 14 Is there a difference between "way of doing something" and "way to do something"?
- 12 American refusal of the IPA: why?
- 11 "Why are you asking?" versus "Why do you ask?"
- 7 Is there a reason why "gn" in "reigning" is pronounced /n/ while in "regnant" it is pronounced [gn]?
- 7 "We rarely go on holiday." Can I say "Us neither"?
- 7 Reported / indirect speech - why no backshift
- 6 What is the name of the clause stating that the expected result did not follow the cause stated in the main clause?
- View more network posts →