For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
― T.S. Eliot
Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 5 years, 6 months
570 profile views
Last seen May 11 at 23:06
Top network posts
- 205 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 202 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 177 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 160 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 157 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 153 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- 133 Arguing science with a passionate non-scientist?
- View more network posts →