Sys-admin in a big international company, with some related programming on the side. (Mainly C, C#, C++, SQL and a lot of CMD and AutoIt scripting. I don't like PowerShell and avoid it as much as possible.)
Been in the computing business since the 80's. Ultrix, VMS, Aix, Linux, Windows. These days mainly the last 2.
For personal use I prefer a Mac.
Hobbies include: Programming (open source), working on classic sport-cars and bikes (have an Harley) and reading (mainly SF & Fantasy).
Member for 6 years, 1 month
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 30 '18 at 14:57
- Super User 20.2k 20.2k 33 gold badges3838 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Server Fault 6k 6k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2k 2k 1212 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.4k 1.4k 1010 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 129 Why is X11 forwarding so inefficient?
- 110 Would a random passenger be allowed to fix a problem with a commercial aircraft?
- 104 Why is Spaceballs specifically numbered Chapter XI?
- 104 What are the holes on the sides of a computer case frame for?
- 94 Someone wants to send me cash by DHL. How's this scam supposed to work?
- 81 Possible distance travelled by horse over 6 weeks?
- 67 Unable to format disk: 'The system cannot find the file specified'
- View more network posts →