30-something guy who loves God, people, music, and computers, and happens to be reasonably good at the latter two.
IT experience is nearly all self- and real-world-taught with no classroom and only a wee litle bit of book learnin'. I'm driven by the dual motivations of being unable to leave well-enough alone and the desire to make technology work better for the user.
My experience is mostly in Wintel systems administration and end user support, with a smattering of *nix experience, mostly in the CLI, mostly on test machines and small-role systems, and I've acquired that experience in a wide range of professional business environments ranging from fast-food mega-conglomo-corps to international law firms to one of the largest corporate banks in the world, to small manufacturing firms and government departments.
Washington, United States
Member for 8 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 6 '17 at 2:01
Top network posts
- 182 What is the purpose of the holes marked "Do Not Cover" on hard drives?
- 58 Does dual-booting an OS require a dual-core processor?
- 32 What are Thumbs.db files for? How can I prevent them from being created?
- 31 Google Drive is saying "Sorry, Backup and Sync needs to quit."?
- 30 How to copy a list of file names to text file?
- 22 How to display a list of network shares shared by a Windows computer
- 21 How can I display the contents of an environment variable from the command prompt in Windows 7?
- View more network posts →