I am a former moderator of the Christianity and Biblical Hermeneutics Stack Exchange sites who resigned in protest because I could no longer in good faith support the parent company with my volunteer time when they are enforcing conformity to ideologies openly antagonistic to my beliefs and because their treatment of other volunteer moderators has been reprehensibly poor.
I am a scripting language connoisseur, regular expression aficionado, network geek, general lover of Linux and a frequent contributor to open source software. I transitioned to programming from other work because I was too busy automating my own work environment to actually do the other work. I have a hobby interest in cartography. For more see my personal site. Most importantly, my life is defined by the grace of God given to men through Jesus Christ. It is my ambition that everything I do would reflect His glory and point people towards Him.
- Unix & Linux 57.4k 57.4k 1212 gold badges166166 silver badges207207 bronze badges
- Christianity 36.3k 36.3k 1818 gold badges134134 silver badges274274 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 22.2k 22.2k 1010 gold badges6363 silver badges109109 bronze badges
- Server Fault 10.5k 10.5k 44 gold badges3232 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 5.2k 5.2k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 337 Remap "Home" and "End" to beginning and end of line
- 302 What is the difference between `grep`, `egrep`, and `fgrep`?
- 234 Why taking responsibility for other people's feelings doesn't work
- 210 What is a feminine version of 'guys'?
- 175 How do I know if dd is still working?
- 162 Is there a tool to get the lines in one file that are not in another?
- 151 What is a good newbie-friendly graphical Git client for Windows?
- View more network posts →