Far too often on this site, people will talk about usage but not say where their experiences are from.
I live in Golden, Colorado (near Denver). I lived most of my life in Iowa, and a few years in Texas. All of my usage experience is from those locations, the people I met there, and media.
My philosophy says that the point of language is to communicate information, so the best word choice is the one that will be understood the way you intend it. This means the correct word choice depends on your audience, and is often not the technically precise one.
I'm a forensic software engineer at a private test lab. That means sometimes I write software, and sometimes I do forensic investigations on computer systems.
Member for 7 years, 4 months
4 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '17 at 17:43
- Arqade 19k 19k 1616 gold badges7070 silver badges158158 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 5.5k 5.5k 1919 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 4.7k 4.7k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 3.2k 3.2k 1111 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2k 2k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 103 What's the difference between "Bug" and "Glitch"?
- 91 How Can I Use Data Annotations Attribute Classes to Fail Empty Strings in Forms?
- 64 What's the supposed pun behind the name I.C. Wiener?
- 47 Skyrim Teleportation
- 39 Do supply lines work together?
- 38 Best 'under armour' clothing
- 35 How Can I Use Data Annotations Attribute Classes to Fail Empty Strings in Forms?
- View more network posts →