Far too often on this site, people will talk about usage but not say where their experiences are from.
I live in Golden, Colorado (near Denver). I lived most of my life in Iowa, and a few years in Texas. All of my usage experience is from those locations, the people I met there, and media.
My philosophy says that the point of language is to communicate information, so the best word choice is the one that will be understood the way you intend it. This means the correct word choice depends on your audience, and is often not the technically precise one.
I'm a forensic software engineer at a private test lab. That means sometimes I write software, and sometimes I do forensic investigations on computer systems.
Member for 5 years, 4 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '17 at 17:43
- Arqade 17k 17k 1111 gold badges5858 silver badges145145 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 4.2k 4.2k 1414 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 3.3k 3.3k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 3.2k 3.2k 99 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 100 What's the difference between "Bug" and "Glitch"?
- 61 What's the supposed pun behind the name I.C. Wiener?
- 57 How Can I Use Data Annotations Attribute Classes to Fail Empty Strings in Forms?
- 47 Skyrim Teleportation
- 39 Do supply lines work together?
- 36 Best 'under armour' clothing
- 29 How can I get more adhesive?
- View more network posts →