Far too often on this site, people will talk about usage but not say where their experiences are from.
I live in Golden, Colorado (near Denver). I lived most of my life in Iowa, and a few years in Texas. All of my usage experience is from those locations, the people I met there, and media.
My philosophy says that the point of language is to communicate information, so the best word choice is the one that will be understood the way you intend it. This means the correct word choice depends on your audience, and is often not the technically precise one.
I'm a forensic software engineer at a private test lab. That means sometimes I write software, and sometimes I do forensic investigations on computer systems.
Member for 5 years, 2 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '17 at 17:43
Top network posts
- 99 What's the difference between "Bug" and "Glitch"?
- 61 What's the supposed pun behind the name I.C. Wiener?
- 55 How Can I Use Data Annotations Attribute Classes to Fail Empty Strings in Forms?
- 47 Skyrim Teleportation
- 39 Do supply lines work together?
- 36 Best 'under armour' clothing
- 29 How to deal with overzealous questioning from one player?
- View more network posts →