Older than dirt. I got t-shirts older than you, kiddo.
Language background: Born/raised in suburban, middle-class Louisville, KY, USA. Spent 2 years in New Jersey in my 20s, since then in Tropical Southern Minnesota (also suburban & middle-class). Have spent a total of about 4 weeks in Norway, the same in Mexico, and visited Canada for a few days here and there, but otherwise my time has been spent entirely in the US.
Trained as an engineer, but have spent most of my career programming, most recently smartphone apps (though I personally use a flip-phone).
Member for 5 years, 8 months
94 profile views
Last seen Oct 16 at 1:29
- Bicycles 47.4k 47.4k 22 gold badges6161 silver badges164164 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 42.6k 42.6k 1515 gold badges8181 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 21.2k 21.2k 33 gold badges3838 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Super User 5.8k 5.8k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Skeptics 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges2020 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 246 What are the effects of exceptions on performance in Java?
- 242 How to find topmost view controller on iOS
- 164 What is the best way to deal with the NSDateFormatter locale "feechur"?
- 88 Why is it safer to bike with traffic, instead of facing oncoming cars?
- 79 What did "pop a cap" mean, other than "shoot someone," in the 19th century?
- 69 NSLocalizedString with format
- 66 What is the best way to deal with the NSDateFormatter locale "feechur"?
- View more network posts →