Older than dirt. I got t-shirts older than you, kiddo.
Language background: Born/raised in suburban, middle-class Louisville, KY, USA. Spent 2 years in New Jersey in my 20s, since then in Tropical Southern Minnesota (also suburban & middle-class). Have spent a total of about 4 weeks in Norway, the same in Mexico, and visited Canada for a few days here and there, but otherwise my time has been spent entirely in the US.
Trained as an engineer, but have spent most of my career programming, most recently smartphone apps (though I personally use a flip-phone).
Member for 5 years, 4 months
93 profile views
Last seen Aug 15 at 2:09
- Bicycles 46.5k 46.5k 22 gold badges5757 silver badges161161 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 38.7k 38.7k 1515 gold badges8181 silver badges135135 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.6k 20.6k 33 gold badges3838 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Super User 5.6k 5.6k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Skeptics 2k 2k 22 gold badges2020 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 245 How slow are Java exceptions?
- 238 How to find topmost view controller on iOS
- 163 What is the best way to deal with the NSDateFormatter locale "feechur"?
- 87 Why is it safer to bike with traffic, instead of facing oncoming cars?
- 79 What did "pop a cap" mean, other than "shoot someone," in the 19th century?
- 69 NSLocalizedString with format
- 64 What is the point of gibberish spam
- View more network posts →