Older than dirt. I got t-shirts older than you, kiddo.
Language background: Born/raised in suburban, middle-class Louisville, KY, USA. Spent 2 years in New Jersey in my 20s, since then in Tropical Southern Minnesota (also suburban & middle-class). Have spent a total of about 4 weeks in Norway, the same in Mexico, and visited Canada for a few days here and there, but otherwise my time has been spent entirely in the US.
Trained as an engineer, but have spent most of my career programming, most recently smartphone apps (though I personally use a flip-phone).
Member for 6 years
96 profile views
Last seen Apr 2 at 0:41
- Bicycles 48.4k 48.4k 33 gold badges6262 silver badges167167 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 43.2k 43.2k 1515 gold badges8484 silver badges141141 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 22k 22k 33 gold badges3939 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Super User 5.8k 5.8k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Skeptics 2.7k 2.7k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 251 What are the effects of exceptions on performance in Java?
- 248 How to find topmost view controller on iOS
- 166 What is the best way to deal with the NSDateFormatter locale "feechur"?
- 89 Why is it safer to bike with traffic, instead of facing oncoming cars?
- 78 What did "pop a cap" mean, other than "shoot someone," in the 19th century?
- 71 NSLocalizedString with format
- 69 Is the order of elements in a JSON list preserved?
- View more network posts →