I am a Principal Scientist at Dependable Computing in Charlottesville, VA, where we work on safety case engineering, formal specifications, requirements gathering, and other safety-critical and security-critical software engineering issues. I have a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Virginia, with my dissertation involving a genetic algorithm exploration of neural network models of the hippocampus. I've also previously earned Masters degrees in Physics/Astronomy (involving General Relativity) and Computer Science (involving improving multi-processor implementations of hippocampal neural network simulations).
Member for 9 years, 8 months
4 profile views
Last seen Dec 5 '11 at 20:06
- Stack Overflow 6.9k 6.9k 44 gold badges2929 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1k 1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 700 700 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Super User 616 616 11 gold badge55 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 159 Why does git-rebase give me merge conflicts when all I'm doing is squashing commits?
- 108 Handwriting is to illegible as drawing is to what?
- 73 How do I prompt the user from within a commit-msg hook?
- 52 Antonym for “boilerplate” or “cookie-cutter”
- 47 Trying to delete directory with "rm -rf", but get message that it's not empty
- 46 How to get Wine working on Catalina?
- 40 What is the Star Trek Episode where aliens from another dimension are sent to our dimension when they die?
- View more network posts →