I am a computer programmer.
I frequently contribute to the English Language Learners Stack Exchange. My native language is (American) English. I have lived in several parts of the United States, but not in the South or Midwest. On the other hand, my wife was from the Upper Midwest, and many of my college classmates were from the Midwest, Texas, Kentucky, and the Deep South.
Member for 5 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen Aug 28 '19 at 21:18
- English Language Learners 23.1k 23.1k 44 gold badges4747 silver badges8383 bronze badges
- Politics 6.2k 6.2k 2222 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 4.1k 4.1k 1212 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 3.3k 3.3k 99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 2.8k 2.8k 99 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 99 What officially disallows US presidents from driving?
- 88 Do native speakers use "ultima" and "proxima" frequently in spoken English?
- 74 What does IKEA-like mean?
- 67 Does "take a second" mean "take a second look"?
- 53 Are "confidant" and "confident" homophones?
- 49 Why are so many countries still in the Commonwealth?
- 46 The mortgage company is trying to force us to make repairs after an insurance claim
- View more network posts →