Mathematician. Reader. Writer. Riddler.
Co-creator of the Riddler's Den, where stylised riddles were published each Friday, along with solutions, during 2015 and 2016. Currently undergoing maintenance, but all existing published riddles still available. You can check your solution on the site, as well as email us with your own riddles or to request personalised riddles from us.
Moderator of Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange, where I try to be always present in case of need, while not obtrusive or trigger-happy. Joined for the fantasy novels, learned about other things by osmosis. Also a fan of many fantasy novels sadly underrepresented on the site: ping me in chat for recommendations.
Six-figure-rep user of Puzzling Stack Exchange. This is an SE site unlike any other: 'questions' are usually puzzle challenges created by the OP and 'answers' are solutions. Come on over to partake in riddles, maths and logic puzzles, wordplay, games, and much more! Many of the puzzles on the site are incredible works of art created by extraordinary minds, awe-inspiring to read even if you have no clue how to solve them. (Traditionalists can also ask real questions about puzzling instead.)
Moderator of Literature Stack Exchange. If you enjoy reading - any kind of literature, be it novels, short stories, plays, poetry, comic books, song lyrics, essays, speeches, or anything else - do come on over! You can help us to solve some unanswered questions, or post your own questions, or join us in chat. It's a small site, but we have some great quality Q&A, as well as regular reading challenges which anyone can join. So little time, so much to read ...
I do what I can to be a class act,
Though I fear that detractors shall ever detract.
I pay them no heed; they're not worth my time
(except to disparage them briefly in rhyme).
I am Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, the Car'a'carn, He Who Comes With The Dawn, the Coramoor, Shadowkiller, Prince of the Dawn, and True Defender of the Light:
- Science Fiction & Fantasy♦ 122.6k 122.6k 5555 gold badges539539 silver badges744744 bronze badges
- Puzzling 107.8k 107.8k 2121 gold badges298298 silver badges586586 bronze badges
- Literature♦ 49.5k 49.5k 1414 gold badges139139 silver badges311311 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 23.3k 23.3k 99 gold badges4848 silver badges102102 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 7.4k 7.4k 33 gold badges4141 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 194 Why is JK Rowling considered 'bad at math'?
- 191 Harry Potter: Why 7?
- 167 Let's hold language in comments to the same standard as posts
- 163 Does Katniss depict proper handling of a bow?
- 158 In-universe, is Aslan actually Jesus?
- 158 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 150 Why doesn't Harry live with the Weasleys?
- View more network posts →