Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Cornell University.
Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Ithaca College.
16 years in practice as a Speech Language Pathologist.
Experience working with young children and teens with autism, language delays/disorders, learning disabilities, and other developmental disabilities.
SLP by day, then I go into the phone booth and change into Firefighter/EMT by night and weekend.
--communication differences between workplaces that are predominately male vs female
--teaching non-literal language to people with autism
--phonetics and phonology, which are sorely under-taught in Speech-Language Pathology
--use of verbal and nonverbal communication skills to defuse tension and minimize danger in first-responder situations
Ithaca, Tompkins County, NY, United States
Member for 3 years, 5 months
8 profile views
Last seen Jan 17 '17 at 3:07
Top network posts
- 79 What's the male version of "hottie"?
- 42 Word for nemesis that does not refer to a person
- 27 Fill in the blank: "____ of mythology"
- 22 Is there a word for turning something into a competition?
- 10 What do you call a device that tells a live audience what to do?
- 9 Why is a rhyming word beginning with "h" put before another word to create a new term?
- 9 Is there a term or phrase for a person with two singing voice (male - female singing voice)?
- View more network posts →